Information technologies department
The information technologies department was opened in 2006 at the Information-library center (ILC) named after Ahmad al-Fargoniy and the department is its structural division. The primary responsibilities of the department include the all-round support of new information technologies in work of the ILC.
The department's responsibilities:
- Support of the "Irbis" library automation system's work.
- Support and updating the ILC website.
- Consulting the library departments on the "Irbis" library automation system usage.
- Filling in the electronic catalogue of the ILC book fund.
The department represents a small - only 3 technician people - but effective structure.
The most part of the department's work now is technical and organizational, and also it's concentrated around building the electronic catalogues of the three ILC's divisions:
- The rare and valuable book fund
- The region studies sector's book fund
- Legal literature department's book fund